Cardano or ADA is deservedly called an altcoin with great potential. This cryptocurrency is also much more environmentally friendly compared to alternatives. As recent studies show, about 5% of Canadians owning cryptocurrencies choose Cardano, making it the top 5 crypto asset in the country.
But can you use ADA in online gambling? And are there any Cardano casinos in Canada? Our answer is yes, and we have tested these sites for you. Have a look!
More than 7000 games
localized to many languages
24/7 customer support.
Best ADA Casinos: Our Picks
Our main advice for choosing the best Cardano casinos? Test several gambling platforms before making your final choice. We recommend starting with these top three by many criteria:
New Cloudbet users can get a 100% deposit bonus. Get your first deposit matched with a bonus of up to 50,000 ADA!
Cloudbet will delight you with an amazing bonus in ADA or any other cryptocurrency and a stellar entertainment portfolio, including casino games, sports betting and esports.
Make a deposit today and get a massive 270% (up to 20,000 BCD) deposit match!
This ADA casino provides an amazing social experience with many exclusive games, including ADA Crash and live versions of table and card games with real croupiers.
Get 30 bonus spins without a deposit, and a 45% cashback welcome bonus right after signing up!
This is a brilliantly designed online casino that accepts fiat deposits in addition to cryptocurrencies. The game catalogue includes over 2000 titles from dozens of the best providers on the market.
Is Cardano Gambling Legal in Canada?
Regarding the legality of Canadian Cardano casino sites, in our opinion, gambling fans should analyze and make their own decision. Most of the platforms presented in the domestic market are licensed and accept ADA payments. But here, it is worth understanding that the player’s location dictates its own rules and answers the question of whether it is legal to play in Cardano casinos.
We highlight two important factors:
- legality of Cardano in Canada and
- legality of crypto gambling platforms in the country.
In this regard, we have some news for you:
When it comes to digital money and its potential effects on the economy, the Canadian government is tolerant. Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, Cardano and other digital assets are all available for purchase, sale, and trading by Canadians.
Moreover, Canada successfully introduced Purpose, the first Bitcoin ETF in North America, in February 2021. Since then, it has collected assets totalling more than $812 million.
But just because something is permitted does not automatically make it legal tender. Every coin produced by the Royal Canadian Mint and every banknote printed by the Bank of Canada is currently considered to be legal money in Canada. That is the Canadian dollar.
Cryptocurrency is viewed as a commodity by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). So, all profits made from crypto transactions are considered business profits or capital gains and are taxable.
Brief Cardano Facts You Might Not Know
|It was established in 2017 by a team led by Ethereum co-founder Charles Hoskinson.|
|The coin is named for the Italian polymath Gerolamo Cardano.|
|When it was launched, ADA was the biggest PoS cryptocurrency, according to statistics from CoinMarketCap.|
|Less than 0.01% of the energy consumed by the BTC blockchain is used by ADA, according to data released by the University of Cambridge.|
|At least two governments have signed collaborations with Cardano.|
|There are more than 3 million ADA wallets, according to CoinMarketCap. During the last two years, the number of wallets increased by more than 1,200%.|
|Around 250 ADA transactions are processed by the Cardano network per second.|
|The ADA coin has a 45 billion token supply cap.|
Benefits of Using Cardano at Online Casinos
Looking at the characteristics of the cryptocurrency, it becomes clear why Cardano casinos are so popular in Canada.
One of the most striking benefits of Cardano casino sites is anonymity. Creating an anonymous account is a newfangled feature of any decent casino. To join, you only need to provide an email address. Using this feature allows players to avoid providing sensitive data, including proof of identity and actual place of residence, as in traditional online casinos.
Minimum Geographic Restrictions
Countries that prohibit the use of cryptocurrencies in the world can be counted on the fingers. Fortunately for Cardano enthusiasts, Canada is not one of them. Here you can safely buy and sell crypto and altcoins or pay with them in local stores.
Faster Payouts and Fewer Limits
Transactions with fiat currencies require strict regulation and check by the financial authorities. As a result, traditional casinos longer process withdrawal requests and introduce certain limits on deposits and payouts. On the other hand, the best Cardano casinos offer almost instant withdrawals and rarely have any transaction limits.
Do not forget to consider the time it takes to complete a transaction directly on the blockchain network.
Many talented people work on the software and security of Cardano. According to Weiss Cryptocurrency Ratings, Cardano currently leads the ranking of the most advanced crypto technologies. The token received the highest ratings, beating even such a giant as Ethereum. Be sure to check our selection of top Ethereum casinos.
Other Side of the Coin: Consider These Aspects Playing at a Cardano Casino
- Unstable prices. By placing bets in ADA, players try their luck twice: the first time, they choose gambling in general and the second time, when they make deposits in cryptocurrency. Why do we think so? It is all about volatility. When the value of an asset rises, you benefit, but as the price drops, so does the size of your bankroll.
- Gaming site security. This aspect is fairly easy to verify by ensuring the operator has a valid Canadian gambling license and reading a few reviews from real players. As for your personal information and funds, everything is in your hands. You can use a reliable crypto wallet, thereby contributing to the security of your assets while gambling at Cardano casinos.
- Limited offer. Cardano and other digital currencies are really gaining momentum in popularity. Various surveys and studies evidence this. But still, when it comes to choosing decent and reliable platforms to play with, traditional sites prevail.
What Canadians Can Expect to Find at Cardano Casino
Everything. We are not exaggerating. As our experience has shown, the best Cardano casinos do indeed offer all possible gambling entertainment, bonuses and promotions available for deposits in ADA.
|Option #1 Favourite Card Games|
The game collection of top ADA casinos necessarily contains popular card games such as poker, baccarat and blackjack.
|Option #2 Thematic Online Slots|
It is almost impossible to recognize once a classic slot machine. Modern gamblers are spoiled for choice, the number of reels, paylines, themes and betting range.
|Option #3 Classics for Every Taste|
At the best Cardano casinos, you can find almost every game available in Las Vegas land-based gaming halls, including roulette, craps, and keno.
|Option #4 Sports Betting|
Canadians love lacrosse and hockey, and this love is shown even in gambling. Gaming platforms take this into account, and therefore the choice of markets for betting on the sites from the list above surprised even us – experienced players.
|Option #5 Game Shows and Live Dealer Games|
Be that as it may, people love communicating and getting social experience. Therefore, the growing trend towards live games with real dealers at Cardano casinos continues.
How to Join Cardano Casino in 5 Easy Steps
Before you click the Join button, we emphasize once again:
- Most crypto sites do not accept fiat currencies.
- The crypto market is extremely volatile, so using cryptocurrencies increases the risk.
- It is impossible to cancel a cryptocurrency transaction, so check every step carefully.
So, we share our experience of quickly going through all the stages, from registering at the best Canadian crypto casino to playing with Cardano.
#1 Scroll up the page and choose the best ADA casino from our list
Through hours of testing these gambling platforms, we were able to identify licensed casinos offering a diverse gaming experience. Another reason to try our selection in the first place is the rich promo section of these operators.
#2 Sign up on the casino site
Have you made a choice? First, let’s create an account. We chose JustBit casino as an example. As you can see in the screenshot above, all you need to do is enter your email address, come up with a strong password, and choose your preferred currency. In our case, this is Cardano.
At this stage, we are offered to receive a cashback bonus. More information about current promotions can be found on the operator’s website.
#3 No coins? Go to the exchange, buy digital currency
Since this is not the first time, we have visited Cardano casinos, our crypto wallet already has several coins. We advise you to scroll down the page below and follow our detailed guide to buying ADA coins on one of the most popular crypto exchanges in Canada. If you have already prepared a wallet and coins, let us move on to the deposit.
#3 Use an ADA wallet to make a deposit
It is impossible to deposit and withdraw funds in Cardano casino without a crypto wallet. You can choose between storing coins on the exchange, installing special software on a mobile or desktop device, or buying a special device. The choice depends on many factors: for what purposes you will use crypto coins, how many types of coins you buy, and so on. Below we will talk about this in more detail.
#4 Double-check the deposit address several times
The next step is to go to the Deposit page in your personal casino account. If the payment method is not specified, select ADA. We have previously deposited Bitcoin into an account, so we see this deposit method. So, from the screen, you can see that the system has generated a unique public address associated with our Cardano casino account.
Make sure you choose the right payment method and amount, as the slightest inaccuracy can lead to an irreversible loss of your deposit and coins.
#5 Deposit funds to the casino account and play
Copy the generated address and paste it into our crypto wallet. Usually, deposits are instant, but some delays are still possible. Do not worry if you have to wait a bit. At this stage, it is better to choose where to start your journey in the world of Cardano casinos.
Where and How to Buy Cardano in Canada?
Today, buying Cardano (ADA) and other cryptocurrencies in Canada is a simple, affordable, and completely safe process. In addition, Canadian platforms for buying digital coins and assets are available to locals. The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has already registered six exchanges, including Wealthsimple, Coinberry, Bitbuy, Netcoins, Coinsmart and Fidelity. Some of them are free or offer relatively affordable commissions.
Using our Netcoins account, we show how it works:
1. We go to the platform website and click the Register button. To do this, you need to verify your actual residence in Canada, the age of majority, and a local phone number. You will most likely need to provide some personal documents and take a selfie. Next, we go through the verification process.
2. Now we can proceed to the replenishment of the account. On the left side, select Fund.
As you can see, a page opens before us with the choice to deposit the account in dollars or crypto. We choose dollars.
Next, the system offers to deposit a Canadian or American dollar, as well as decide on the payment method, e-Transfer or Wire Transfer.
Please note that in the first case, there is no commission, while bank transfer has some limitations.
3. The next step is to buy Cardano. Go to the Buy or Sell section. In the open window, select the cryptocurrency we need, that is, Cardano.
4. By clicking on the Buy or Sell button on the right side, we are shown statistics and a window for buying. Here we indicate all the details of the purchase, how much we buy, currency and select Instant purchase.
5. We confirm the buying of ADA, and the coins are instantly credited to our account.
You Bought Cardano. What Is Next?
After purchasing some ADA coins, you have two choices: either keep them on an exchange or transfer them to a personal wallet. Each option has a specific set of benefits and drawbacks to consider before joining the best Cardano casino.
Keeping Your Coins on an Exchange
- Accessibility. It is really convenient to keep your Cardano coins on an exchange because you can buy, sell and exchange them at any moment.
- Safety. Although major adversary risks are associated with holding crypto on an exchange, reliable platforms also make large security investments, so you should not be concerned about the downsides of self-custody.
- Insurance. Currently, just a few exchanges run insurance programmes. They can cover everything from protecting user deposits kept in cold storage to compensate clients in the event of a hack.
- Get return. You may earn a yield on your Cardano assets on many exchanges. The exchange will either stake your ADA on your behalf or lend it to other users to do so. While each option has its own hazards, lending is typically thought to have higher risks.
- Phishing. Scammers regularly target customers in an effort to acquire login info by sending phishing emails and clicking on false website links.
- Hacking. Hackers as well frequently target exchanges. Even though security measures have significantly improved, attacks still happen occasionally.
- Account blocking. Exchanges tend to occasionally freeze user accounts due to market volatility, technical glitches, or security risks. As a result, you can temporarily lose access to your coins.
Transferring Your Coins to a Non-Custodial Wallet
- Self-custody. Investors in cryptocurrencies often say, “Not your keys, not your coins.” This comes from the notion that holding ADA coins on an exchange is not equivalent to owning the private key, which is the only way to ensure your Cardano ownership.
- Protection. The features and security of crypto wallets vary widely. Consider investing in a hardware wallet, which is typically a compact USB device that always keeps your private keys offline, for the most secure experience.
- Convenience. It will be easier to store your coins in a wallet as opposed to an exchange if you intend to use them for transactions, daily expenses, or decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Staking. Cardano’s specialized Daedalus or Yoroi wallets make it simple to stake your ADA. But you can use a multi-coin desktop or mobile wallet for ADA instead of downloading one of these two ones.
- Low transaction costs. Compared to Ethereum and other equivalent smart contract platforms, Cardano transactions are considerably less expensive. For example, they cost just a few cents, whereas ETH transactions cost at least a few dollars.
- Learning curve. It goes without saying that it takes time and effort to understand how to use a crypto wallet. Before moving any of your money, take some time to familiarise yourself with Cardano wallets.
- Personal responsibility. Owning your own money can be motivating, but it also implies that you are entirely responsible for this. The seed phrase is the only method to access your wallet if you miss your private key. Be sure to safely and privately store both of these.
- Smart contract risk. Initial users of the dApps, which use smart contracts and will be released once the Vasil hard fork occurs, may be in danger of smart contract vulnerabilities because many developers want to release additional dApps. These coding errors may result in the loss of coins or a hacked wallet.
To Wrap Up a Selection of Best Crypto Wallets from Our Experts
We already have experience using several types of crypto wallets while playing at Cardano casinos, so we decided to share our top picks in each category.
Web & Mobile Wallets
Here you can buy and sell cryptocurrencies, as well as safely store them. Furthermore, the platform supports two-factor authentication for a higher level of asset protection.
- Cost: Free for registration (fees may apply for transactions and asset trading)
- Type: Online cold storage
- Number of currencies supported: 16+
This is one of the official crypto wallets for storing ADA coins. It can only store Cardano, but the developers promise to add a few more options in the near future.
- Cost: Free
- Type: Desktop
- Number of supported currencies: ADA
This is a Chrome extension for PC and mobile. This web wallet allows you to store private keys exclusively for Cardano.
- Cost: Free
- Type: Web and mobile application
- Number of supported currencies: ADA
In addition to asset trading, the platform also allows you to store ADA coins. The storage of coins takes place offline (that is, it is cold storage). In addition, the web wallet offers insurance for storing over $200 million worth of assets.
- Cost: Free
- Type: Online
- Number of currencies supported: 34+
Ledger Nano S
This hardware and cold wallet type are quite popular. It is paid but easy to use and supports two-factor authentication.
- Cost: $89
- Type: Hardware
- Number of currencies supported: 1500+
Ledger Nano X
With more advanced features, this wallet allows you to store Cardano offline in cold storage.
- Cost: $199
- Type: Hardware
- Number of currencies supported: 1800+
The NDAX platform also offers hot and cold wallets for storing cryptocurrencies for free.
- Cost: Free
- Type: Hot and cold storage
- Number of currencies supported: 30+
Binance Trust Wallet
This wallet allows you to store thousands of different assets, including Cardano.
- Price: Free
- Type: Software
- Number of currencies supported: 160K+
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is the same. ADA is the ticker symbol used to represent Cardano’s digital currency itself. A ticker briefly represents any asset, stock, or currency on the exchanges.
Yes, if you are of legal age (18-19 years old, depending on the province of residence) and play on licensed platforms. Storage and transactions with virtual currencies, including Cardano, are not prohibited in Canada, so you can use this payment method at Cardano casinos.
This is gambling using Cardano as payment. There are several dozen crypto casinos in Canada that accept this and other digital currencies.
We have shared our selection of the best gambling platforms that accept ADA. Your choice of Cardano casino depends on your personal preferences: whether you like sports betting or gambling.
To do this, you can use any crypto exchange – a platform for buying, selling and exchanging digital assets. As well, in Canada, there are special ATMs where using a mobile application, you can buy the cryptocurrency you are interested in for the Canadian dollar.